Supported Accommodation – DIY Dads
DIY Dads provides a safe home and support for fathers and their children.
We can support you if you are at risk of homelessness, and need housing for you and your child/children.
The program supports your individual needs, so you and your child/children can grow together. You can work on your goals
with the support of a caring community.
There are eight two-bedroom units in the DIY community, which are all for dads and their children. Fathers can be of any age, and you are able to stay in the program for up to 2 years.
DIY Dads provides:
• Stable housing for you and your child/children
• Supportive staff during business hours
• An unfurnished two-bedroom unit
• Support to achieve your goals such as getting a job or completing education
• Activities for yourself and your children
• A supportive community of other dads and their kids
• Support with parenting, life skills and budgeting
• Support to move into independent living
• Visiting hours to approved visitors
Who this service is for
Fathers who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, and their children.
Rent costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis
How this service is delivered
This service is a live-in program.
You can visit our Hobart office to find out more.
Call or visit us online
For more information call us on 6215 4200 or visit our website, or download our brochure below.
DIY Dads Brochure
You can download our DIY Dads Brochure here for more information.Download Brochure
More programs from Hobart City Mission
Supported Accommodation – Mountain View
Mountain View provides supported housing for people who have been experiencing homelessness and hardship.
We provide food packs, food vouchers, clothing, furniture and assistance with bills to people who need emergency relief.
Social and Community Participation
This program enables people with a disability to participate in recreational activities and engage in their community.