Safe Space – Day Program (South)
Safe Space Day Program (South) is a place to come during the day to have a conversation and connect to support such as mental health services, drug and alcohol services, doctors and more permanent housing solutions.
The Safe Space is:
• Located at the top level of Hobart City Mission's office - 50 Barrack St, Hobart
• Open from 8am to 6pm daily and staffed by support workers during this time
• Offering a place to come during the day to connect to services, receive meals and feel safe
• For any one in need of a place to be - people who are experiencing homelessness
• A place to come and have a conversation and to find support
• Connecting clients to Housing Connect and other services as required
Clients who are in need of a place to stay overnight can go to the Safe Space Night Program.
The Safe Space program is also available in Launceston and Burnie and is run by Launceston City Mission and The Salvation Army. Access to all Safe Space services are through Housing Connect.
Who this service is for
People who are experiencing homelessness
9am to 6pm every day
How this service is delivered
Top level of the Hobart City Mission main office - 50 Barrack St.
Access is from the back of the building via the carpark.
More programs from Hobart City Mission
Social and Community Participation
This program enables people with a disability to participate in recreational activities and engage in their community.
A free and confidential personal and family counselling service for adults, children and families. This service operates five days a week.
Online Mental Health Support Forums
Support and connection for people with complex mental health and for family, friends and carers of people with complex mental health. The forums are safe, anonymous, moderated 24/7 and provided in partnership with SANE Australia.