Stitch group welcomes women from all multicultural backgrounds and provides support to:
• learn machine sewing and crafts to create or mend clothes, household items or gifts
• practice English with volunteers and other women from the community
• form friendships and build a sense of community through positive social interaction and cross-cultural learning
• find out about community services, programs and events
• get referrals to services such as housing, health, counselling, education, employment, legal etc
Who this service is for
Women from all multicultural backgrounds. There are no visa requirements. Childcare may be available, call to find out more.
Lunch is provided for a gold coin donation
Stitch is on Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to 2pm during school terms.
How this service is delivered
Visit CatholicCare Hobart to attend STITCH
Call or visit us online
Call us to arrange a visit or to find out more.
You can also visit our website for more information.
More programs from CatholicCare
Family Law Counselling
Family Law Counsellors provide assistance with interpersonal issues affecting you and your children during separation and divorce.
Family Relationship Education and Skills Training (FREST)
Research shows that times of family transition can place stress on a relationship. CatholicCare provides education and counselling for couples to learn new skills and strategies to enhance and support relationships during these times.
This professional, child-centred counselling service is available in schools. It gives children the opportunity to talk over any issues or challenges they might be having in their lives.