Stitch group welcomes women from all multicultural backgrounds and provides support to:
• learn machine sewing and crafts to create or mend clothes, household items or gifts
• practice English with volunteers and other women from the community
• form friendships and build a sense of community through positive social interaction and cross-cultural learning
• find out about community services, programs and events
• get referrals to services such as housing, health, counselling, education, employment, legal etc
Who this service is for
Women from all multicultural backgrounds. There are no visa requirements. Childcare may be available, call to find out more.
Lunch is provided for a gold coin donation
Stitch is on Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to 2pm during school terms.
How this service is delivered
Visit CatholicCare Hobart to attend STITCH
Call or visit us online
Call us to arrange a visit or to find out more.
You can also visit our website for more information.
More programs from CatholicCare
Home and Housed
CatholicCare’s Home and Housed program is for people 65 years and older who would like support with issues and challenges relating to staying in their home, or finding a new home.
Post-separation cooperative parenting
Our education program Weathering Family Separation helps separating parents reduce conflict and manage the changes in their lives.
Emergency Relief Fund – CatholicCare
Emergency Relief provides financial or material aid to assist people experiencing financial hardship resulting from their current life situation or an unexpected crisis event.