Supporting Children After Separation
Supporting Children After Separation (SCAS) Program, provided by Relationships Australia Tasmania, is a specialist counselling and support service for children and adolescents aged 5-18 years of age from separated or separating families.
Supporting Children After Separation (SCAS) Program:
• is individualised to the child’s circumstances and needs.
• assists children to adjust and cope with their parents’ separation.
• helps children with the changes and challenges associated with separation.
• facilitates children in feeling confident to participate in decisions impacting on them in relation to the separation of their parents.
• provides helpful strategies to manage emotions and distress.
If your child is distressed, angry, sad, confused and/or upset in relation to the process of parental separation, they could benefit from engaging in the SCAS program.
Who this service is for
SCAS is for children and adolescents aged 5-18 years of age from separated or separating families
This is a fee-paying service, concessions do apply.
When you call to book an appointment, we will discuss fees and payment options.
Monday- Friday: 9:00am- 5:00pm
How this service is delivered
This service is available in Hobart.
Call or visit us online
Call our professional staff on 1300 364 277 to make an appointment.
More programs from Relationships Australia Tasmania
Family Relationship Centres
Support, information, and referrals for families at any stage of their relationships.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Parenting Separately Program
A culturally safe, confidential and supportive space to assist children and parents with moving forward from separation.
Counselling After Separation
For people who have separated or are in the process of separating from a partner.