Libraries Tasmania (North)
Here are just some of the free services available at our libraries around the state:
- borrow books, magazines, CDs, DVDs and audiobooks
- download eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks, eMusic and eFilms
- access online databases, including the Tasmanian Names Index, and our growing digitised archive and heritage collection
- use our research and information services
- free Wi-Fi
- computers, printing, scanning and photocopying
- activities for children
- spaces for individual study, recreation and group use
- take a computer course to improve your digital literacy
Get help with:
- your homework and assignments.
- tablets and other mobile devices.
- reading, writing and maths.
- improving your employability and access to job opportunities.
- researching and applying for jobs.
We love to welcome new members, and it’s so easy to sign up.
Simply ask a staff member in your local library about membership or join online.
Who this service is for
All members of the community.
How this service is delivered
Visit your local library.
Call or visit us online
Visit our website and access a range of online services.
More programs from Libraries Tasmania
Community-managed Online Access Centres
Access public computers, support with technology and use our facilities.
Libraries Tasmania (North West)
Libraries Tasmania provides library lending, research, information, literacy and learning services and offers contemporary and friendly places where people from all walks of life can meet, learn and take part in community-focused experiences.
Home Library Service
Libraries Tasmania Home Library Service Volunteers deliver library material to people who cannot easily get to a library themselves.