Integrated Family Support Services
Integrated Family Support Service (IFSS) works with parents and carers to improve the safety, health and wellbeing of children from birth to 18 years. IFSS are also able to provide support and advice during pregnancy to help prepare for the arrival of a new baby into the family.
An IFSS worker will help each family develop their own parenting goals based on what the family needs. IFSS provide practical parenting support and strategies, help to link families with other services they may need, and support families to build relationships in their local community.
IFSS workers will come to the home for weekly visits, and can also meet at a safe place in the community and provide some support over the phone.
Baptcare IFSS workers are also able to provide the following evidence-based programs:
• SafeCare® – for parents with children aged 0 – 5 years. This is an in-home parenting program that teaches parents about interacting with their infant or child, home safety, and child health. SafeCare aims to prevent and address factors associated with child abuse and neglect thereby significantly reducing the recurrence of child maltreatment by offering services targeting improved health care skills, safety of the home environment, and parenting skills, particularly those related to parent-child interaction, of families reported for or at risk for child maltreatment.
• Mothers in Mind® – a mother and child program specifically designed to meet the parenting needs of mothers who have experienced family violence, childhood abuse, neglect or sexual assault, and have children under the age of four.
The program focuses on the needs of mothers who find that these hurtful experiences are making parenting difficult. The 10-week program helps mothers learn ways to manage stress and other challenging feelings, foster healthy self-esteem and respond to their children in a sensitive, supportive and effective manner.
Anyone can refer themselves or a family they know to IFSS, Mothers in Mind and SafeCare through the Strong Families, Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line on 1800 000 123.
Who this service is for
IFSS works with families with children aged 0 to 18 who require support with:
• Providing a safe and nurturing environment for children
• Strategies and practical skills around parenting
• Improving confidence and enjoyment in parenting
• Managing challenging childhood behaviours
• Understanding the developmental stages of children and adolescents
• Time management and utilising relevant resources
• Managing family conflict and breakdown
• Dealing with the impact of mental health issues
• Dealing with the impact of substance abuse
• Accessing social and professional support networks within the community.
Referrals are made through the Strong Families Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line on 1800 000 123.
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Free on street parking
How this service is delivered
Visit one of our locations to find out more
Call or visit us online
Call us or see our website for more information. Referrals for IFSS are made through the Strong Families, Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line on 1800 000 123.
We'll come to you (outreach)
IFSS workers will visit you at home and can meet you in a safe place in the community
More programs from Baptcare
We assist children who are unable to live with their parents temporarily or on a longer-term basis, to be placed in homes with approved family carers. If you would like to help a child in need, foster care is a great way to do it.
Caring Dads is a group work program that helps men who have used violence and focuses on improving parenting practices.
Targeted Youth Support Service
Targeted Youth Support Service (TYSS) is an intensive therapeutic support program for vulnerable and ‘at risk’ young people aged between 10 and 18 years who are disengaged from services and the community.
NDIS Early Childhood Early Partner
**COVID-19 Update – Office meetings via appointment 1800 290 555, or happy to communicate by phone or email**
Supporting children aged 0 – 6 and their families, we tailor the supports to the child’s individual needs and circumstances. We provide information to connect to appropriate supports, provide short term intervention, help with NDIS access and work with you to develop an NDIS plan.