Based on the evidence of what works, Healthy QUIT has three key elements:
1. QUIT Survey – identifying how many people smoke in your organisation or community group and who is ready to QUIT.
2. QUIT Program (7 weeks, 60 minute sessions)
- 'Quit Chat' training
- Brief intervention conversations
- Understanding nicotine addiction
- Physical activity
- Stress management
- Respectful relationships
- Healthy eating
3. Individual QUIT smoking strategies
- Carbon monoxide monitoring
- FREE counselling
- FREE nicotine replacement therapy or quitting medication
- Financial reward for program completion
- Schedule adapted to meet the needs of each group
- Hands-on, creative and interactive sessions
- Delivered by a local Tasmanian company in partnership with multiple community partners
- This innovative program achieved a 64% short-term quit rate during the pilot phase
Who this service is for
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Contact us for more information
Healthy QUITDownload Brochure
More programs from Healthy Tasmania
Active Launceston – FREE physical activity
Active Launceston is a community driven partnership with the vision of improving the health and wellbeing of the Launceston community through physical activity.
Healthy Tasmania has designed a suite of workshops, keynotes and mentoring programs to help individuals and organisations understand, then harness the science of storytelling.
Health Speak is a podcast series by Healthy Tasmania. The latest season is Helping others, from our homes, during COVID-19.