Veterans and Families Counselling by Open Arms
Open Arms is Australia’s leading national provider of high quality, free and confidential counselling and support services for Australian veterans and their families.
Open Arms services include:
- 24/7 counselling support through a dedicated support line—1800 011 046
- Face-to-face and video counselling for individuals, couples and families
- Care coordination for clients with multiple and/or complex needs
- Peer support and veteran community engagement by those with lived experience of ADF service and mental health recovery, as either a veteran or family member
- Online and face-to-face group treatment programs to develop skills and enhance support for individuals and couples
- Suicide prevention and intervention workshops and online training
- Mental health training programs
- Crisis accommodation support
- Referrals to other services or specialist treatment programs, as needed, and
- Information, education and self-help resources on the Open Arms website.
With office locations and community based mental health providers nationwide, Open Arms support is available where it is needed.
Who this service is for
Open Arms provides free and confidential counselling to anyone who has served at least one day in the ADF, and their families.
Open Arms’ counselling and support services are available to those who are:
- currently serving
- transitioning from the ADF
- Parents of veterans
- Brothers and sisters
We are open 24/7 if you need someone to talk to.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
If you or someone you know wants someone to talk to, even just for a chat, Open Arms is available 24/7 by calling 1800 011 046.
The service is free and confidential and there is always a team member, who understands the military experience, available to answer your call.