Pregnant and Young Parent Integrated Family Support Service (PYPS IFSS)
We offer an Integrated Family Support Service to pregnant women and parents under 25 to help them build the skills and knowledge to be the best parents they can be, and improved the safety and wellbeing of their children.
PYPS IFSS can support you with:
- creation of a safe and nurturing home environment to bring your baby and/or child home to.
- practical skills to support your family functioning
- improvement of your confidence in parenting
- linking you to other social and community supports
- knowledge of child development and behaviours
- supporting you to access services and supports that are specific to you, or your child/ren.
Who this service is for
The service supports pregnant and young parents up to the age of 25. and their children.
PYPS IFSS can be accessed by families who are referred via Strong Families, Safe Kids on 1800 000 123.
Referrals can be made by the wider community including families, friends, professionals, service providers and other professionals who have concerns regarding the wellbeing of children.
Monday to Friday: 9.30 – 4.30
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Contact us for full details.
More programs from Uniting Tasmania
Energy Efficiency Program
Working with people to save energy and money. We teach people how to reduce their energy bills with our free energy efficiency service.
Community lunch program by Uniting
Come along and join us at NoBucks cafe to experience exceptional hospitality, fellowship and friendship.
Family Futures (Also known as Newpin)
Family Futures is an outreach program which focuses on parenting skills and the importance of bonding and attachment between parent and child.
Family Futures is based on the acclaimed Newpin model, and is sometimes referred to as Newpin or Newpin Family Futures.