Mental Health Nurse Program
Our mental health nurses negotiate goals with people individually. Some people are stepping up from routine GP care, others are stepping down from a Tasmanian Health Service back to GP care.
After a comprehensive assessment to establish the level and type of engagement required, the mental health nurse program begins, and progress is reviewed together in three months.
Services a Mental Health Nurse may provide include:
- Mental health assessment to support the right level of service at the right time
- Mental health monitoring during transitions
- Risk and relapse prevention and management
- Psycho-education about mental health symptoms, strategies and medication
- Integrating physical health care to support mental wellbeing
- Education and motivational interviewing regarding co-occurring substance use
- Recovery based interventions such as cognitive behavioural therapy or mindfulness
- Support to explore self-management resources, programs and online resources
- Collaboration with other health and service providers to support outcomes
Who this service is for
- The program is designed for adults over 18 years of age
- With severe and complex mental illness
- Who live in the central midlands, east coast and southern regions of Tasmania
- Who consent and would benefit from support from a Mental Health Nurse
- And are referred via their GPs mental health care plan or psychiatrist
GP and Psychiatrists are welcome to discuss a potential referral.
Please email referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The service is free of charge and does not stop people from using other metal health supports via Medicare, NDIS or private insurance.
How this service is delivered
Head Office: 76 Goulburn Street, Hobart, 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Call or visit us online
Call: 03 6228 3344 or visit: https://rft.org.au/
We'll come to you (outreach)
Mental health nurses work with people who live in the central midlands, east coast and southern regions of Tasmania and will come to your home, our office, or another community venue of their choice.
Richmond Fellowship Tasmania – Mental Health Nurse ProgramDownload Brochure
More programs from Richmond Fellowship Tasmania
Residential Recovery Program
A 24-hour, 7 day a week residential support service is provided in two locations, Rokeby and Ulverstone.
Our Residential Recovery programs offer intensive recovery focused support to individuals for up to 12 months.
TasRec creates and provides links to a diverse range of community-based recreational and social activities, events, and opportunities for skill building and creative expression, all with a focus on enjoyment and wellbeing.