Help Us Help You
We have put together community information to help us help you, including:
- help us find your house quickly
- make sure your house number is highly visible
- lock your pets away
- things to do while you are waiting for an ambulance
- teach your kids about "000"
- learn CPR
- learn F-A-S-T
- call an ambulance only for medical emergencies
- if it is an emergency, call right away
- if you call 000 - stay calm, speak slowly and answer the operator's questions.
See our website for full details under each of these areas.
Who this service is for
More programs from Ambulance Tasmania
Emergency Meeting Points
If you live or work in a rural area, you should make a note of nearby Emergency Meeting Points. If you require emergency assistance and expect the ambulance or other emergency services might have difficulty locating you, arrange for someone to meet them at the nearest Emergency Meeting Point and guide them to your location.
Emergency + App
The Emergency + App provides information about when to call Triple Zero and
information about who to call in various non-emergency situations.
Save 000 for Saving Lives
A significant number of Triple Zero (000) calls requesting an ambulance response are not real emergencies and do not require immediate medical assistance. There are several alternatives to calling an ambulance. Please ... save 000 for saving lives and only call an ambulance if it's a medical emergency.