Find and Connect
Find & Connect is a free and confidential support service provided by Relationships Australia Tasmania state-wide that can help you to:
– access personalised support and counselling;
– where possible, obtain your personal records, trace your history and understand why you were placed into care;
– connect with other services and support networks that may assist you at this time in your life;
– reconnect with family, where possible; and
– connect with other Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants through our drop-in centres and newsletter.
Who this service is for
If you spent time in a children’s home or institution, were a ward of the state or placed in foster care before the end of 1989 the Find & Connect support service may be able to assist you.
Find & Connect is a free and confidential support service provided by Relationships Australia Tasmania state-wide for Forgotten Australians, Care Leavers, Stolen Generation and Former Child Migrants.
Monday- Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
How this service is delivered
This is a statewide service
Call or visit us online
Contact the Tasmanian Find & Connect support service (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) by calling 1800 16 11 09 (free call).
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 16 11 09, or visit the Find & Connect Tasmania website.
1800 calls are free from most fixed lines however there may be a charge for calls from mobiles.
More programs from Relationships Australia Tasmania
Counselling and Support for People Affected by the Disability Royal Commission
Counselling and support for people engaging with, or affected by, the Disability Royal Commission.
Redress Support Services
Providing support to people who want to engage with the National Redress Scheme for people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse. .