COTA Tasmania – Peak Body for Older Tasmanians
Council on the Ageing (COTA) Tasmania is the peak body for older Tasmanians. Our mission is to advance the rights, interests and futures of Australians as we age. We believe strongly that ageing is a time of possibility, opportunity and influence within an equitable, just and inclusive society in which the voices of older Australians are respected and strong.
We advocate to Government, public services, community organisations and the public to promote positive change for older Tasmanians.
COTA is involved in the following:
• Research into elder abuse, home care support programs, active ageing and community inclusion
• Peer education sessions on issues such as financial literacy, health literacy, IT support skills and bushfire safety
• Assistance to navigate the aged care system
• Healthy active programs - Living well, Living stronger
• Co-ordination of the annual Seniors Week
• Programs that focus on Intergenerational connections
We are the Tasmanian branch of the national COTA federation.
COTA are keen to support the community and provide information about any issues relating to older people.
Who this service is for
Monday – Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm (phone, email contact, office currently closed).
How this service is delivered
Our office is currently open 9-3pm Monday to Friday.
Call or visit us online
Call us, email us or see our website for more info.
- General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Aged Care System Navigator Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peer Education Inquiries: email@example.com
- Seniors Week Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Living Longer, Living Stronger - email@example.com
- Community Activities & Events / Active Ageing - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elder Abuse / Work 45+ - LynM@cotatas.org.au
Other useful contacts:
Tasmanian Public Health Hotline: 1800 671 738
Tasmanian Government Department of Health website - https://www.health.tas.gov.au/
Elder Abuse Helpline: 1800 441 169
COTA Australia - https://www.cota.org.au/
More programs from Council on the Ageing (COTA) Tasmania
Community Activities & events in your area
COTA Tasmania provides an online directory of community activities and events, with a focus on those over 50yrs.
Aged Care System Navigator Trial
Specialised support and assistance to navigate the aged care system