Supported Youth Program
The Supported Youth Program (SYP) is for youth between the ages of 10 and 18, who live in the North or North West of Tasmania, and are looking for opportunities and a bit of direction.
The service can provide support, counselling and mediation with family as well as education, training and community connection in a non-judgmental and safe environment.
The program works with young people 10-18 who are identified by community or welfare professionals as having significant and/or multiple, risk issues, such as:
- An unstable home environment
- Disengagement with school
- Experimentation with alcohol or other drugs
- Difficulties fitting in socially
- Being at risk of Child Protection or Youth Justice intervention
- Assessment and case management for young people entering the program is driven by an attachment and trauma theory framework
- it involves developing long-term intervention programs suitable for the young persons stage of life and circumstances
The program will focus on developing new pathways for learning through:
- Interacting with social and community resources, including agencies already involved
- Access to youth friendly places for outreach
- be involved with groups or as an individual on activities and projects with promote personal learning.
Referrals can be made via Strong Families, Safe Kids
This program is funded by the Department of Communities Tasmania.
Who this service is for
Support for young people with one or more risk issues in North and North West Tasmania.
More programs from Anglicare Tas
If you are a young single person or a couple aged between 16 and 25 in need of supportive, safe, affordable, long term housing Thyne House may be an option.
SMART Recovery Groups
Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) is a group program offering a supportive environment for people to achieve their goals to change problem behaviours related to alcohol, drug use, gambling, hoarding or other behaviours of concern.
HIPPY is a home-based school readiness program by Anglicare
Supporting you to be your child’s first teacher at home before they start school.