Sexual Assault Support
Laurel House is a community based organisation that provides therapeutic services and support for women, men and children who have been affected by either historic or current sexual abuse or assault. Laurel House is a free service to victim/survivors and their families, friends and support people.
- Free counselling for recent and historical sexual assault
- 24-hour crisis support for sexual assault and/or rape
- Also if you are experiencing emotional or psychological complications from an historical assault
- Support of a Forensic Medical Examination
- Coordination and support through the police process
- Court support
- Advocacy and referral
- Community education to schools and community organisations
- Supervision, support and information for professionals
Laurel House is not funded to provide service to perpetrators/offenders of any form of violence. The Department of Premier and Cabinet funds Laurel House.
Who this service is for
Victim/survivors of sexual abuse or assault and their families, friends and support people.
Laurel House is a free service.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Launceston (03) 6334 2740
North West Tasmania:
Burnie (03) 6431 9711
Devonport (03) 6424 9565
After Hours Crisis Support State-wide:
1800 MYSUPPORT (1800 697 877)
Burnie and Devonport
More programs from Laurel House
Sexual Assault Crisis Line
Counselling, information and support to women, men and children who have been raped or sexually assaulted. 24 hour crisis line. Our service is free and available to those who have been sexual assaulted, as well as their friends, parents, carers, and family members. We do not work with perpetrators of any form of violence/sexual assault.