Sexual Assault Support
Laurel House is a community based organisation that provides therapeutic services and support for women, men and children who have been affected by either historic or current sexual abuse or assault. Laurel House is a free service to victim/survivors and their families, friends and support people.
• Free counselling for recent and historical sexual assault
• 24-hour crisis support for sexual assault and/or rape
• Also if you are experiencing emotional or psychological complications from an historical assault
• Support of a Forensic Medical Examination
• Coordination and support through the police process
• Court support
• Advocacy and referral
• Community education to schools and community organisations
• Supervision, support and information for professionals
Laurel House is not funded to provide service to perpetrators/offenders of any form of violence. Laurel House is funded by the Department of Human Services (Communities.)
Who this service is for
Victim/survivors of sexual abuse or assault and their families, friends and support people.
Laurel House is a free service.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Launceston (03) 6334 2740
North West Tasmania:
Burnie (03) 6431 9711
Devonport (03) 6424 9565
After Hours Crisis Support State-wide:
1800 MYSUPPORT (1800 697 877)