Reconnect – Relationships Australia
We aim to re-connect young people (12-18) with their families and the community, where there have been recent family difficulties, and to reduce homelessness risk. This Relationships Australia Tasmania program focuses on improving the level of engagement of young people in family, work, education, training and their community.
The service provides young people with:
– someone to talk with without being judged or criticised
– help to resolve difficulties with family, school or other services
– practical assistance with living and schooling arrangements
– general support and counselling
– referral to other support services
The service provides parents with:
– someone to talk with who will understand family concerns
– opportunities to look at different options or strategies for keeping the family together with less stress and conflict
– help to identify the skills and strengths families can use to manage their difficulties
– ways to make life safer and more rewarding for family members
– information and referral to other support services
Who this service is for
Young people aged 12-18 years in Launceston area who are disengaged and homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Family members may participate conditional to and centered on meeting the needs of the young person.
Up to the age of 21 years if newly arrived migrants in the last 12 months.
This is a free service, provided by the Australian Government, Department of Social Services.
Monday- Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
You can self-refer by calling 1300 364 277.
We'll come to you (outreach)
Reconnect is a mobile service that can arrange meetings at home, school, or community venues in greater Launceston.
More programs from Relationships Australia Tasmania
Family Advocacy and Support Service
The Family Advocacy and Support Service (FASS) is a free service providing assistance to families with family law matters who have been affected by family violence.
Forced Adoption Support Services (FASS)
This program provides specialist support to any person who has been impacted by forced adoption practices.