The Phoenix Centre is a counselling support service for refugees and people seeking asylum who have fled persecution, torture and war-related trauma to find safety in Australia. Services are available in the south and north of the state.
* counselling with individuals and groups
* community development activities
* referrals to other health and community services
* advocacy on behalf of our clients with other services
* education and training to community groups and to service providers, including cross-cultural training, use of interpreters and addressing different aspects of trauma.
Who this service is for
Refugees and people seeking asylum who have fled persecution, torture and war-related trauma.
How this service is delivered
We have offices in Hobart and Launceston.
Call or visit us online
Contact us or see our website for further information.
More programs from Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania
Migrant Resource Centre Tas has been given a generous donation to provide free fresh and dried food boxes to people who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 (available to temporary visa holders and other migrants).
Migrant Resource Centre
We provide support for people from migrant backgrounds including older people and specialised settlement services, including youth work, health and wellbeing services, community development, migration support, and assistance with employment.