Estate Planning and Administration Support
The Public Trustee provide a range of specialist estate planning, estate administration and trustee services.
Preparing a Will and enduring power of attorney will be provided free of charge when the Public Trustee is appointed as executor and attorney for seniors and Australian Government Concession card holders. Card must be presented and discount only applies to one appointment per year.
Public Trustee services include:
- Preparing Wills, enduring powers of attorney and enduring guardianship
- Acting as estate executor or estate administrator if there is no Will
- Taking on the role of executor if the person named in the Will is unable or unwilling to act
- Acting as attorney for people requiring assistance to manage their financial affairs
- Acting as trustee for various types of trusts, including accident compensation awards; and
- Assisting people to manage their financial affairs when we are appointed as financial administrator by the Guardianship and Administration Board.
Our experienced solicitors can prepare both your Will and Enduring Power of Attorney over the phone or online for a one-off fee of $140 for singles and $210 for couples*.
*Appointment times apply - if additional estate planning time is required an hourly rate may apply. Fees are subject to change.
How this service is delivered
We have branches in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie.
Call or visit us online
Our statewide freecall number is 1800 068 784, or call one of our branches on their direct numbers.