Deloraine House provides a range of low cost activities and programs that provide opportunities for social connection. Deloraine House supports a range of services that provide outreach from the venue, provides information about groups and services in the Meander Valley area, partners with Salvation Army to provide emergency relief for those in crisis, is a pathway for referral to other services, provides support to 2 Community Gardens (1 in Deloraine and 1 in Mole Creek) and works closely with education providers and businesses in the community.
Services and Include:
- Emergency relief in partnership with Salvation Army
- NILS No Interest Loan Schemes,
- Loaves and Fishes
- Share table consisting of donated goods
- Legal Literacy Volunteers
- Community Gardens (Deloraine and Mole Creek)
- Harvest Helpers
- Room Hire
- Equipment hire
- Launceston Community Legal Centre,
- Financial Counselling,
- Disability Job Network Providers
- Housing Connect
- Libraries Tasmania - literacy and english improvement sessions
- Heart Foundation Walking Groups,
- Eating with Friends monthly luncheon,
- Tai Chi and Yoga
- C.O.R.E.S (Community Response to Eliminating Suicide): Phone 6441 1552
Call Deloraine House on 6362 2678 for more information.
Who this service is for
Everyone is welcome at Deloraine House.
Emergency Relief is only available through Deloraine House to those living in the Meander Valley area due to funding restrictions, However we can advise of a service in your area that may be able to assist.
Activities and services are free or low cost, contact us for details.
Deloraine House is open Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm except public holidays or otherwise advertised.
Emergency Relief is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings by appt (exceptions may be available for extreme crisis).
Nils loan applications are available by appt on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Deloraine House is fully disability accessable.
How this service is delivered
Our services and programs are run from the House with the exception of the 2 community Gardens and Harvest Helpers
Call or visit us online
Call us or see our website or facebook pages for more information.