Build Up Tassie
Build Up Tassie is a unique pre-employment program developed and run by Centacare Evolve Housing to support young job seekers to gain meaningful employment in the building industry. Build Up Tassie works with construction partners, including St Joseph Affordable Homes, to provide one-on-one coaching to participants before employment, once they are employed and for the duration of their apprenticeship or traineeship. Build Up Tassie does not charge participants any fees.
How the program works…
Part 1 – Orientation:
- A free 9 week Orientation Program (2 days per week)
- Industry awareness and exposure
- Building confidence, skills and knowledge
- Community Projects – strengthen and co-create community and individual wellbeing
- One on one support and coaching
- Licences and short courses (including White Card and First Aid with assistance to gain Drivers Licence where required)
- Individual pathways to employment and/or further training
Part 2 – Work Placement:
- A free 8 week work placement program with opportunity to try up to 4-5 different trades
- Start with 3 days per week for 4 weeks then progress to 4 days per week for 4 weeks
- Continued access to one on one coaching support
- Leads to potential apprenticeships/traineeships and other employment outcomes
Who this service is for
Build Up Tassie is a free work readiness program for anyone aged between 16-24 looking to enter the construction industry.
Build Up Tassie is free and does not charge participants any fees at any time.
You can chat to our team from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Please chat to our team about any support you may need.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Learn more about Build Up Tassie by visiting: builduptassie.com.au
Chat to our team by calling: 0408 173 927
Email Build Up Tassie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Up Tassie
For more information please have a look at our brochure:Download Brochure