George Town Neighbourhood House
We provide a range of services to the community that include:
Services available over the phone:
- Advocacy and referrals
- No Interest Loans
- Centrelink payments applications
- Learner Licence testing over Zoom
- Monday Fresh Food box program in partnership with Loaves and Fishes
- Daily Emergency Relief Food boxes program
- Bread run fortnightly in partnership with Banjos Bakery
- Daily Community Food Pantry in partnership with Food Bank
- Garden Produce Sales on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Visiting Services still providing face to face services:
- Anglicare (some services )
- Adult Community Mental Health Services (North)
Social Media Activities:
- Friday Bingo via Facebook Messenger app
- Daily Trivia competition via Facebook
- Sanitary items
- Give away books (perfect for social isolation)
Case by case bases:
- Pending the need and availability of staff and volunteers limited support services can be made available
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
We are funny bunch of characters that enjoy having a laugh with others, most of the time we laugh at ourselves and crack up at our own jokes. We strive to provide a happy, enjoyable environment where absolutely everyone is able to come and enjoy themselves.
We provide a range of support services to help individuals and families get back on their feet.
We hold lots of community events where family can get together to do community projects, let the kiddies have a play and best of all finish the day with a bbq and a yarn.
We provide social, recreation and education programs to the whole of the community as everyone enjoys having a program to look forward too.
We pride ourselves on being an organisation that loves to learn and pass that knowledge on, we like to know a little bit about everything that relates to supporting our community members therefore no matter where you are starting out, if you have questions of any aspect, feel free to contact us for support or advice.
Who this service is for
How this service is delivered
Visit us at the house.
Call or visit us online
Contact us or see our Facebook page for more information