Taz Kids Clubs and Camps
Camps and Clubs for young Tasmanians aged 7-17 who have a parent or guardian impacted by mental health issues.
When someone in the family is struggling with mental health related issues, they’re not the only ones who feel the stress. Sometimes kids need a supportive environment where they can connect with other kids in similar situations.
Taz Kids Camps
- run during the school holidays.
- they run for 2 days
- Camps give young people an opportunity to make new friends, be part of a team, get outdoors and have fun.
Taz Kids Clubs
- runs in Primary and High Schools around Tasmania.
- run for 7 weeks
- They are a safe environment where young people can ask questions and learn about mental health. Clubs provide a peer group for children to better support each other.
Taz Kids also offer
- Family days to aquatic centres, water slides, bowling alleys and skate centres
- Parenting support and workshops
- Leadership opportunities for teenagers
- Promotion of positive mental health
Who this service is for
Young Tasmanians aged 7-17 who have a parent or guardian impacted by mental health issues.
All activities are provided free of charge and facilitated by qualified experienced staff from Anglicare.
How this service is delivered
Camps are held at Camp Clayton in the North, and Camp Blue Lagoon in the South.
Taz Kids Clubs run in Primary and High schools around Tasmania.
Call or visit us online
Contact us if you, a family member, or a client would like to access this service.
More programs from Anglicare Tasmania
NESTS early start support
Children can be difficult, especially if they’ve experienced trauma early on. NESTS can help you to understand why your children behave the way they do.
If you are single or a couple on a low income and looking for supported, safe, affordable, long term housing, Goulburn Street may be an option.
Community it is a movement to engage and mobilise change within our community. You can be part of the solution. Our first initiaive - Every Child Succeeds.