Safe Night Space
Safe Night Space is a place to shelter, rest and connect to support such as mental health services, drug and alcohol services, doctors and more permanent housing solutions.
The Safe Night Space is:
• Located at the YouthArc building Collins Street, Hobart.
• Offering Accommodation overnight (8pm – 7am) for homeless people
• Supplying all beds and bedding
• Providing food by Louis’ Van
• Providing GP services on Tuesday nights by the Moreton Group
• Accommodating males and females; and has some capacity to accommodate families. Up to 15 people per night
• Staffed by two support workers on site each night
• Connecting clients to Housing Connect and other services as required
• Usually on a night-by-night basis but can negotiate an extended stay if a person is discharged from hospital into homelessness to allow for some recovery process.
Safe Night Space is a joint initiative of Hobart City Mission and The Salvation Army and is supported by the Hobart City Council.
Who this service is for
People who are sleeping on the streets of Hobart, up to 15 people per night.
• Via Housing Connect
• Or Directly to Co-ordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8pm - 7am every night
How this service is delivered
The Safe Night Space is located at the YouthArc building Collins Street, Hobart.
Referrals can be made through Colony 47 Housing Connect Front Door - Level 3, 181 Collins St, Hobart.
Call or visit us online
Referrals made via Housing Connect
Phone (FREE Call) - 1800 265 669
Or Directly to Co-ordinator (email@example.com)
More programs from Hobart City Mission
Supported Accommodation – Small Steps
Small Steps is a live-in a parenting and life skills program for young Mums from the ages of 15 to 25.
Safe, anonymous mental health discussion, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.
Proceeds from our Op Shops support the work of HCM, helping those in our community who need it most.