No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
NILS is the No Interest Loan Scheme. We help low income Tasmanians get safe, fair and affordable loans.
No fees or charges
No credit checks
We can lend you $300 to $1500 to buy new items and services, including
- like fridges, washers, furniture
- like computers, school trips, text books and school uniforms
Medical and Dental Essentials
- like mobility equipment, dentures and treatment costs
Car Care Essentials
- like registration, tyres and repairs
Refugee family reunion support
- including visa fees and airfaries
Family Violence Support
- including removal costs and security equipment
- Lend money for food, bills, rent or bond.
- Give you cash
- Lend money for second hand goods
See our website for more information and to apply.
Who this service is for
Low-income Tasmanians. To qualify you must:
Have a current healthcare card, pension card, DVA card or low income health care card.
Have been at your current address for more than 3 months.
Be able to repay a NILS loan.
How this service is delivered
We visit many of the Neighbourhood Houses around the state - contact us for details.
Call or visit us online
Call us or visit our website for more information.