Metro Tasmania COVID-19 Safe Travel
At Metro Tasmania we’re responding to COVID-19 under the guidance of the Tasmanian Government (Department of Health). The health and safety of passengers and staff is our highest priority.
Metro’s essential services continue to be exempt from restrictions on the Tasmanian ‘road to recovery’. This means buses are not limited to 2m² per person or 1.5m distancing – normal vehicle capacity limits apply. We are working hard to keep you safe on board, and there are still some important things you can keep in mind before, during, and after your journey;
- Consider travelling outside peak times
- Seek a flexible work arrangement to reduce peak times
- Get a greencard
- Keep up good hygiene and use common sense
At stops, keep your distance from others who are waiting
- If it’s raining, take an umbrella so you don’t gather under shelters
- Keep using the rear door and wait for passengers to get off before you get on
- Leave space between others where possible on board
- Respect the clearance zone around our drivers
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after you travel
- Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus whenever you can
- Follow any requests from your bus driver
- Stay home if you’re sick
See our website for further information.
If you require low floor access just ask your driver.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
See our website for further information