Mental Health Families and Friends Support
MHFF Tas staff are now back in the office and available for people to drop in as normal. We are of course following social distancing and other guidelines to keep everyone safe.
Mental Health Families and Friends Tasmania is the primary organisation providing systemic advocacy with and on behalf of mental health carers and their families in Tasmania.
We do this through:
- Ensuring mental health carers have access to quality personal support, peer support and knowledge of available mental health services and carer support.
- Providing training, education and information for mental health carers and families about the practical aspects of advocating for their care recipient and building their own capacity to continue to provide care.
- Providing carers and families with relevant information on current policies in relation to mental health funding of services both locally and nationally and avenues to provide feedback on their implementation.
- Ensuring mental health carers and families have input to research development and implementation.
- Recruiting, training and supporting mental health carers to participate in the Carer Representation Program which ensures a carer perspective is represented on Tasmania's Mental Health Services committees, staff selection panels and consultation forums.
- Supporting Statewide Mental Health Services to consult with and learn from mental health carers and families.
- Representing the Caring Voice across Government and non-Government Mental Health Services in how to engage with mental health families and carers.
Who this service is for
Families and friends of people affected by mental ill health in Tasmania
Mon–Thurs. (9 am to 3 pm)
How this service is delivered
MHFFTas staff are now back in the office and available for people to drop in as normal. We are of course following social distancing and other guidelines to keep everyone safe.
Visit our office. Or call us. We also run support groups and training opportunities for families and friends. Subscribe to our newsletter for details.
Call or visit us online
Call us or see our website for more information.
More programs from Mental Health Families and Friends Tasmania
Online and Face-to-Face “Safe Space” Peer Support sessions
Peer support for friends and families of people with mental ill health.