Know Your Odds
The longer you play, the more you lose. Ever wondered how much you are really spending on playing the pokies? Here you’ll find out how much you can expect to lose to the house edge…and how quickly you can lose it.
See our website for:
- 24/7 chat to a qualified gambling counsellor about your gambling or someone else's gambling
- risk assessment - see how things are going and what can be done to get back on track
- gamblers help - talk to a counsellor on the phone now. Landline calls free.
- facts about gambling - the house edge, your odds, beliefs and myths, online gambling.
- resources for teachers and schools.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Visit our website to see our range of resources and information.
More programs from Department of Communities Tasmania
Child Safety Service
If you have concerns for the safety or welfare of a child, call the Advice and Referral Line on 1800 000 123.
Ticket to play
Ticket to Play provides vouchers up to $100 in value towards club membership for children aged 5-17 years and listed on a Centrelink Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card or in Out of Home Care.