Free Women’s Legal Advice
Women's Legal Service provides confidential and free legal advice and referral on all legal matters including Family Law, Family Violence, Civil and Criminal Law, Estate and Property Law.
Wherever you live in Tasmania, the first point of contact with the Service is through our telephone advice line by calling 1800 682 468, from 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday. You will be able to speak directly with a solicitor regarding your legal issue. Should you require an appointment with one of our solicitors, they will let you know how to find us.
We have specialist family violence units in Burnie and Launceston. If you are in North or North-West Tasmania, and are experiencing, or have experienced, family violence, you are able to contact these offices directly by phoning, or visiting our office.
Our website also has a range of fact sheets which provide an overview of some of the legal matters we regularly deal with including:
- caring relationships (carers)
- children and family law,
- cultural and spiritual abuse
- damage to property and threatening behaviour
- defacto property settlements
- emotional abuse and coercive control
- family violence and family violence orders
- financial abuse
- matrimonial property settlements
- physical abuse
- restraint orders
- safety planning - if planning to leave an abusive relationship
- seeing a solicitor for the first time
- sexual abuse
- sexual harassment
- stalking and technological abuse
- unfair dismissal
- wills, power of attorney and enduring guardianship
- victims of crime assistance in Tasmania
How this service is delivered
If you are in North-West Tasmania, and are experiencing, or have experienced, family violence, you are able to contact our Burnie office directly for legal advice and information by calling 03 6419 7050, or by visiting our office at 60A Wilmot Street.
Call or visit us online
Wherever you live in Tasmania, the first point of contact with the Service is through our telephone advice line 1800 682 468 which operates from 10am - 4pm Monday to Friday.