Court staff can
– explain and answer questions about how the court works.
– give you a list of lawyers or contact details of Legal Aid and the Law Society of Tasmania.
– give you general information about Court rules, procedures and practices.
– give you court schedules and information on how to get a case listed.
– give you information from your court file.
– give you samples of the court’s forms.
– check your court papers to make sure they are complete, with the required signatures and supporting documents, correct case numbers, correct court location.
– usually answer questions about court deadlines and how to work them out.
– help you feel safe at court by contacting court security.
We also have support in the form of:
– victim’s assistance
– Justices of the Peace
– Law Libraries
– Video linking and equipment
– Help for people with hearing and speech impairments
– Wifi access for registries.
We cannot give legal advice, but we do provide links to services who can.
If you have a disability and need help coming to a hearing, please contact the court or tribunal to make sure the facilities meet your specific needs or to discuss a reasonable adjustment you need.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
See our website for further information.