Court staff can
- explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- give you a list of lawyers or contact details of Legal Aid and the Law Society of Tasmania.
- give you general information about Court rules, procedures and practices.
- give you court schedules and information on how to get a case listed.
- give you information from your court file.
- give you samples of the court’s forms.
- check your court papers to make sure they are complete, with the required signatures and supporting documents, correct case numbers, correct court location.
- usually answer questions about court deadlines and how to work them out.
- help you feel safe at court by contacting court security.
We also have support in the form of:
- victim's assistance
- Justices of the Peace
- Law Libraries
- Video linking and equipment
- Help for people with hearing and speech impairments
- Wifi access for registries.
We cannot give legal advice, but we do provide links to services who can.
If you have a disability and need help coming to a hearing, please contact the court or tribunal to make sure the facilities meet your specific needs or to discuss a reasonable adjustment you need.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
See our website for further information.