Court Support and Liaison Service
The Court Support and Liaison Service provides support to adult and child victims of family violence. Support is available for male and female victims regardless of age or cultural background.
Dedicated Court Support Officers are available Statewide to assist Safe at Home clients with the following
- How to take out a Family Violence Order
- How to vary or extend an existing Order
- Provide advice on legal and court processes
- Provide ongoing updates on progress of a matter through the courts.
Further assistance can be provided by the Court Support Officers as matters proceed through the courts including
- Providing court orientation in the form of a court tour to explain court layout and facilities and the roles of people in the court.
- Accompanying the victim to court and providing support throughout the court process.
- Debriefing following court and discussing the impact of a magistrate/judge’s decisions.
- Follow-up through referral to other services..
A dedicated Aboriginal Court Support Officer is available to provide support to Aboriginal adult and child victims of family violence.
Who this service is for
Adult and child victims of family violence
These services are free and confidential and are provided by Victim Support Services, Department of Justice.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
You can call us toll free on 1300 663 773 or contact one of our locations.
Aboriginal Court Support Officer:
Phone: 1300 663 773 (toll free) or (03) 6165 7530
More programs from Department of Justice
Victims of Crime Service
The Victims of Crime Service supports people to deal with personal and practical problems associated with the impact of crime, to allow them to regain control of their lives.