Companionship and Social Support
Having good social connections is essential for all aspects of your health, especially as you age. Red Cross can support you to improve your social connections and connect with your community for your wellbeing.
An outing or a chat over a cup of coffee with a caring and friendly volunteer could become a highlight of your week, and give you the confidence to meet new people.
Activities might include:
- taking part in community interest groups
- outings to cafes, galleries, the footy or other places of interest
- going for a walk
- friendly in-home visits
- a regular social chat on the phone.
Who this service is for
These services are for people who are not in regular social contact with other people.
- Older people who live alone (including people on home care packages or living in an aged care home)
- Older people who have few social connections outside home
- People with disability
- People recovering from mental illness.
This service is available through both the National Disability and Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and My Aged Care.
How this service is delivered
Call or visit us online
Contact us for more information or to arrange access to this service.
We'll come to you (outreach)
We visit our clients.
More programs from Red Cross
A Red Cross personal alarm gives you access to emergency help in your home or garden, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. The service can assist you to continue living at home safely with independence and peace of mind.
Red Cross provides a door to door transport service to assist you to attend non-urgent medical appointments and social outings if you have no other transport options.